In the first part of the interview, psychotherapist Marius Gabrilavičius told us about the psychological addiction to alcohol and how it affects people’s mind.
According to him, alcoholism is deep-rooted in our society and it is wrongly thought that alcohol consumption is easy to control.
The specialist, who applies psychotherapy coding from alcohol in Lithuania, Ireland and United Kingdom, claims that his method is not a miracle but rather a way to install some vital thoughts about sober life, based on long-time researches.
– So, what is the coding? What kinds of it are common?
– There is a wide range of the methods. I have heard about electroshock or even acupuncture therapy against alcohol. However, they are all similar as they aim to affect one’s psychology. Even the medical method when drugs are injected or a capsule is sewn into, works more on psychology than biology. A man is explained that he will feel unwell if he drinks, even risking his own life, therefore he quits drinking because of fear. But will he live a quality life? I think not. If he is not prepared mentally, he will suffer and wait till the end of the code rather than rule alcohol out forever. He will feel inferior and will go back to his old habits when the code ends.
The most important is to show a man he doesn’t lose anything when he quits drinking and achieves the better life quality instead. He should understand he is living rather than existing now and should be proud that he is better and stronger in this area. That’s what is done during the psychological coding. It makes a man enjoy his success and pay attention to the positives of being sober, concentrating to the gains rather than losses.
Every method is good as long as it’s effective, but the preparation for the sober life is important as well. It is crucial when a man tries to escape alcoholism. He needs to train the abstainer’s mentality in order to be proud and happy, not regret being sober. After that, the code will be just a protection, as a man won’t drink because he doesn’t want to. He will be protected by code only when in risk of breaking down.
I’ve been curing alcoholism for 7 years using psychotherapy method, based on scientist’s Genady Shichko re-programming methodics and psychocoding created by famous Russian doctor A.R.Dovzhenko.
I have analyzed Shichko method using psychoschemes and have found a psychoscheme of addictions, using that knowledge in my works. My methods help people not just trust code, but develop the soberness in their minds.
A man finds out how to do it and becomes a conscious abstainer who can claim that even if he could/can consume alcohol in moderation, he still would not. This is the key thought for every alcohol-free mind. This feeling can be developed by many people, I proudly feel this way too.
– And how does this process since asking you for help happen?
– A man registers for a consultation at first, where is motivation is being checked. He feels the desire to become alcohol-free, as it becomes the first step in clearout. People already feel free after the meeting, however, this method works only when done until the very end.
After 10 days, during which a man must not drink alcohol, he comes to a coding session. These ten days is a proof that a man is motivated enough and prepared for a challenge. If he was clear for 10 days by the time he comes to me, coding can be started right away.
When using the method, some laws of psychology are used. They reach one’s psychical being in the form of addiction that forces you avoid any opportunities to consume alcohol. In this way, the barrier is formed and a man feels he is not to pass that. Therefore, after the session even the alcohol addicts can acquire a new addiction instead – from soberness.
Laws of psychology work that way – turn on a program and another one shuts down.
– How many sessions are needed?
– One time is often enough, but if after some time a man feels like weakening and vulnerable again, he can always come to strengthen the code. It is possible to remove too, by the way. These services are free of charge, but the coding itself has its price.
– What can happen when the code is broken? Can it cause damage for person’s health?
– Nothing has been proven by scientists yet, but it is possible. Not threats, just real psychology laws. Some might encounter minor health disorders, some may even experience heart attacks or some other life-threatening illnesses. Because of that, this code works strongly when not broken and can affect the whole mentality positively. It doesn’t matter which code is broken – they all work on the influence for a man.
Deep down in psychology a man is told that after alcohol consumption his health might deteriorate. However, after this influence the brain can start ignoring alcohol, that’s why clearing processes are not as effective and get signals that there is no alcohol in organism. After lying to your own brain, it is impossible to maximally protect organism from damage and that can bring many health problems.
Every code is temporary and only when it’s working all those processes are active. The duration is chosen by the patients themselves. I would recommend 1-3 years for the first time. After that period, it is recommended to extend.
However, if code is broken, re-coding won’t have the same influence, therefore it is vital to come back again as fast as you can when you feel the weakening.
– You cure alcoholism for many years, therefore you could have noticed the differences between the genders. Is it true that woman struggle more in getting rid of the addiction?
– I haven’t seen that in my practice. Probably they just are led by their emotions more and react more sensitively to the negative reactions of others.
Because of this they might sometimes not feel themselves weakening, but this is not a tendency. Everything depends of the inner motivation.
– And what about age and “experience” of alcoholism?
– I have seen some people who had been drinking their whole life – consume the alcohol very frequently and intensively, having reached the third stage. Even in these case people are able to stand on their foot again. Age doesn’t matter as long as you strongly wish to change your habits.
Sometimes even the 50-60 years old alcoholic, who had lost his family and wife, manage to recover – marry again, buy a car and a house. That’s only because he experienced the shake-up. Even if you are old-age, no need to think it is not worth to treat your addiction. It is always valuable, as everyone has a right to build himself a happy life.
– How do the first days after coding look like?
– Transitional period exists, of course. A man needs to settle down and get used to a new world and lifestyle. Just think that he couldn’t imagine a celebration without alcohol, how can he celebrate now?
First days are very difficult because of this, especially for those who have never tried getting rid of alcohol before. Therefore those people should better opt for a shorter term of coding. They need to get some experience and not fear those periods.
Also, these times a man might be significantly more irritable, nervous or sensitive.
Another factor: if a man still smokes after excluding alcohol from his life, he will endure much harder times. They believe that getting rid of all of their addictions might be too difficult for them. However, adversely, it will be much easier, as addictions are often related to each other.
– After you endure those first difficult weeks, what happens then? How does the long-term coding affect the psychology, mentality and self-esteem?
– The most important changes are now-active self-protection and self-improvement instincts. A man like this enjoys the life more, he wants to achieve something and does it actively. That kind of lifestyle develops willingness to eat healthy and exercise more. The activated self-protection can make one realize the impact of some damaging influences that alcohol-polluted organism would ignore. The less of harm one internalizes, the more successful life he has.
His life understanding changes radically, he starts to make sweeping changes to his own life instead of stagnation. His well-being grows and his goals are achieved.
My practice shows that abstainers’ happiness is skyrocketing as they can now achieve their objectives and dreams they haven’t pursued before.
Every man has self-protection instinct since he is born, as well as the desire to improve. We are intelligent creatures that should make world a better place and contribute in some way with new methods and creations.
Everyone of us have some special abilities and talents, however, many can’t find them out, as they shadow their minds using alcohol, nicotine or other toxic substances. Because of this, many people fail to achieve the maximum level of their brain activity.
Just think about it – your mind gets cleared from alcohol in two or three weeks, so not many people can actually claim themselves to be totally sober. The majority consume alcohol at least once in two weeks, meaning they restrict themselves from reaching the maximum activity.
– Can a coded man still visit places where alcohol is consumed?
– I myself would recommend to avoid any contact where alcohol is tolerated and it gives you nothing but unneeded temptations. A better option is to find like-minded people and spend time with them. A like-minded friend is also a stimulating factor that keeps you motivated, while drinkers can only weaken your desire.
– Are failures when the code is broken happen often?
– The most decisive factor is how much a man cares about what I say during the session. A man should consciously understand that this code is not a miracle and it does not work like an aspirin pill. No code can cure alcoholism if a man doesn’t put enough effort himself. It is just a measure of help when fighting against this addiction, however this guarantees no comfortable life itself. Upgrading your sober mentality is important nonetheless.
I’m collecting stats about my method, and those who told me about breaking the code are up to only about five or six percent, mostly breaking the code towards the end. I know only a few cases when a man did it instantly. Those were unique cases, when people did not come because of their wish, but rather to show anyone else that he could do it. They didn’t have enough motivation themselves.
– What can you tell to those who believe to be capable to fight alcoholism themselves?
– Even the mentally strongest people can be beaten by alcohol, even those can get their character conquered by poisons. Just remember the painful case of Vytautas Šapranauskas. I’ve been looking up to him as a strong character, however, in my opinion, his addiction beat him. Of course, I do not know all the details, but I can say that, unfortunately, the psychologically stronger people tend not to admit that they urgently need help themselves.
Because of that people experience the inner battle against their own organism that is damaged by alcohol. It is impossible to win this fight without the professional help and then even the strongest characters can decide to quit instead of fighting…
Cases like this are terrible and touching, and they should be prevented in any possible way.